Probably spending about 2 hours in each guy. The leg stripes are the hardest part. Masking and using the airbrush seems to get the best results. I’ve tried several different types of tapes, electrical is by far the best for masking off the lines.
This is the basic mockup of the Pi running a python script that simply plays an mp3, in this case the NY Rangers horn, when the puck passes over the sensor. This is a mechanical sensor, I’ll replace it with the sensor used in the chexx below the net to detect goals.
I’ve got several projects going on at once with this Chexx upgrade. I’m still stripping and painting the players, I’m working on custom decals for the player jerseys using decal paper and an inkjet printer I don’t have, the raspberry pi mp3 horn when I score piece and upgrading the few parts needed to make the game play better (two gear boxes, a new puck, and a few small screws). Here’s the breadboard so that I can start playing with the Pi and having it intercept the goal signal to play the horn when a team scores.